As Kerala battles its worst flood in a century, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said that the state has suffered an estimated loss of around Rs 19,512 crore as per the assessment. Admitting that the path to recovery can be long and difficult, the chief minister has requested all to contribute generously to the Chief Minister’s Distress Relief Fund. Nearly 200 people have lost their lives in the fresh onslaught of rain and floods since August 8.
After taking stock of the situation, Prime Minister Narendra Modi declare a grant of Rs 500 crore. Other than the PM Reduction fund and Vijayan personally donating Rs 1 lakh to the CMRDF, varied ministers of state, officers and different celebrities have additionally contributed cash to supply reduction to the flood-ravaged state.
As Kerala battles its worst flood in practically a century, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan stated that the state has suffered an estimated lack of round Rs 19,512 crore as per the preliminary evaluation. Admitting that the trail to restoration might be lengthy and arduous, the chief minister has urged all to contribute generously to the Chief Minister’s Misery Reduction Fund. Almost 200 have misplaced their lives within the contemporary onslaught of rain and floods since August 8.
After taking inventory of the scenario, Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced a grant of Rs 500 crore, apart from the Rs 100 crore declared by Residence Minister Rajnath Singh final week. Other than the PM Reduction fund and Vijayan personally donating Rs 1 lakh to the CMRDF, varied ministers of state, officers, celebrities and other people from varied walks of life have contributed cash to supply reduction to the flood-ravaged state.
Here’s a record of donations and aids which have been introduced for Kerala to this point:
1. Home Minister Rajnath Singh had introduced Rs 100 crore as quick reduction in assurance to the state as a consequence of floods and rains. The Rs 500 crore grant introduced by PM Modi earlier right now is along with the Rs 100 crore.
2. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has introduced Rs 10 crore help to the flood-hit state and likewise stated that one-month salaries of all AAP MLAs and MPs shall be given to the state. Congress MPs and MLAs have additionally adopted go well with and have pledged to donate one month’s wage. Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has additionally introduced an help of Rs 10 crore and equally, Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik introduced an help of extra Rs 5 crore to the sooner sanctioned Rs 5 crore together with 245 hearth personnel with boats.
8. Tv Channels, Star India donated Rs 2 crore whereas south regional tv Solar TV community, made a donation of Rs 1 crore in direction of the reduction fund. Asianet staff have pledged Rs 25 lakh based on an organization assertion. Star India has additionally partnered with an NGO known as Goonj for provide of necessities.
9. SBI has donated Rs 2 crore for the Kerala flood victims aside from ground-level measures to assist them. They’ve additionally waived off charges and expenses on providers like loans for flood reduction, duplicate passbooks, ATM playing cards, chequebooks and EMI delays, apart from making makes an attempt to revive the working of branches and ATMs within the flood-affected areas of the state.
10. Notably, a temple in Keezhillam, in Ernakulam district has donated its treasury to the CMDRF. The Kaniyasseri Mahavishnu Temple has handed over donations it obtained within the donation field to the help fund. TVS & Sons CEO Mr.Raghavan handed over Rs 1 crore to CM Pinarayi Vijayan right now at Trivandrum together with two containers which are coming from Madurai with meals and fundamental facilities.
11. Varied donation camps have sprung up throughout the nation in varied cities like New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai and Bengaluru. Individuals are toiling by the day to gather and segregate funds for the flood-ravaged state which incorporates financial reduction in addition to funds in type of provides and inventory. Indian Railways introduced free transportation for reduction materials throughout to Kerala as nicely. The Division of Meals & Public Distribution has supplied 50,000 million tonnes (MT) of meals grains for the victims to this point.
12. The United Arab Emirates (UAE) formed a committee to come together in order to provide relief to the people of Kerala. President His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum took to Twitter to make the announcement and urged “everyone to contribute generously towards this initiative.” The committee chaired by the Emirates Red Crescent (ERC) and will include representatives from the UAE’s humanitarian organisations.
13. Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma) has introduced that her organisation will donate Rs 10 crore to the Kerala Chief Minister’s Misery Reduction Fund. “Every day we see the rain simply retains coming,” the non secular chief and humanitarian stated of her dwelling state. Every time it begins up once more, we all know it’s inflicting an increasing number of destruction. My coronary heart goes out to these households who’re shedding their properties and expensive ones. We wish to assist them in no matter means we will,” she stated in a press assertion. Amritha Institute within the state has been tremendously engaged within the rescue efforts as nicely
14. Sunny Leone joined have contributed for rehabilitation of people affected by Kerala floods. Sunny posted in Instagram that she and husband Daniel Weber have donated over 1,200 kg food material for the Kerala flood victims.